Essentially, a Power Partner is a complimentary business whom you actively promote to your clients and potential clients – and, they do the same for you. By developing such alliances, everyone involved increases their visibility and brand awareness, which generates more leads for their businesses.
As the owner of a mobile DJ service, here are some potential business allies to consider:
* Balloon Decorators *Make-Up Artists * Bands\Musicians * Photographers * Banquet Managers * Tuxedo Shops * Bartenders * Singers * Bridal Consultants/Wedding Planners * Special Event Companies * Bridal Shops * Videographers * Caterers * Wedding Cake Makers * Florists * Honeymoon Destination Travel Agents * Ice Sculpture Makers * Wedding Officiants
You’ll meet and be impressed by some of these folks at events where you entertain. Be sure to exchange business cards on-the-spot and then follow-up afterward. With each new Power Partnership you develop, ask for recommendations on other categories you are seeking. Attending local business and organizational networking gatherings is another great way to make contacts.
As you consider specific professionals, artists and businesses within each category, be sure to select the ones that suit you in terms of:
- Geographic proximity to the majority of your clients -
- Quality of goods or services -
- Ability to handle multiple jobs simultaneously -
- Web and social media marketing presence -
- Professionalism and customer service policies -
Once you have a mutually-agreed upon team of power partners together, here are some ways that each of you can reach potential customers:
- Exchange links and banners on websites
- Promote each other on Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, etc.
- Share advertising costs (e.g., print ads, direct mail pieces, bridal publications, expo exhibiting)
- Distribute marketing materials for each other at your places of business
- Swap articles for newsletters and websites
- Barter goods and services from each other
- Review each others products or services in your newsletter and website
Have you developed some Power Partnerships that benefit your business?