When building your social media marketing plan, it takes some time for effective strategies to cement themselves. If your DJ service is looking for ways to leverage social media (and you should be), here are some techniques that can help your business expand its reach.
Focus On What Makes Your Company Unique
The key to turning your enterprise into a social media marketing success is focusing on the fundamentals that already make your mobile entertainment company unique – and then enabling your clients to spread the word about your exceptional services.
Here is a 5-step plan for linking your clients’ experience to the power of their endorsement, which will, in turn, bring more clients to your business:
1. Start with exceptional service: Though providing your clients with positive, memorable experiences may seem an obvious suggestion, the importance of this first step cannot be understated. Whichever services set you apart from your competition is what you need to focus on in every prospect and client interaction you have.
When you’re firing on all cylinders and giving people a first-rate experience, you’re turning casual clients into passionate ones. These are the folks who are most likely to spread the word about you to their friends, families and colleagues. And, for any social media marketing campaign to take off, you need to have all-out fans willing to evangelize your brand and the great experiences they’ve had with it.
2. Engage your clients with interesting content: Extend the positive experience of past clients beyond the event date with e-mail marketing by sharing news, tips and other information through periodic communications.
The benefits of e-mail marketing go beyond simply keeping your “fanbase” informed. The basic act of asking for an e-mail address strengthens the bond between your business and your clients because they are entrusting you with a piece of their personal information. And, while an e-mail address may seem like a tiny detail, when someone gives it to you, that proves you are a trusted contact that the person would like to engage with on a deeper level.
3. Help your past clients spread the word: E-mail newsletters (eNewsletters) are easily and often forwarded to and shared with friends, so this a simple first step towards leveraging your clients’ contacts. Social media marketing provides a lot of other ways, too.
For example, every month send out a short eNewsletter that features an article about entertainment and event planning. Include links to your recent blog posts and other resources that might interest your subscribers. Before your send it out, run a teaser post on Twitter, which can prompt more people to sign up. And after you send it out, engage with your Facebook friends about the content, sharing little tidbits of the newsletter content.
4. Turn casual friends into passionate clients: Sharing information with friends is the very nature of social media marketing, so using these channels to engage people will quickly increase awareness in your business among their contacts. This is why providing quality and beneficial content is so important: Give people something worthwhile to talk about, and they will gladly share it with their friends. Some examples of items your business could post include:
- Details on new products or services
- A detailed description of an event for which you have planned and entertained
- News of upcoming events, awards, memberships or endorsements
- Information about community functions in which your DJ service is participating
As the word spreads about your news, more future clients will connect with your business via social media. In fact, they are more likely to connect via social media than they are through e-mail marketing — but don’t let that discourage you.
eNewsletter subscribers are more engaged because they interact through their inbox, which means they’ll be alerted when your message arrives, while social media contacts get distracted more easily. Social media is very popular right now, but remember that its users tend to be more like casual acquaintances in comparison to the passionate clients that e-mail marketing provides.
5. Keep the “virtuous circle” going: If the ultimate goal is to convert as many people into passionate clients as possible, then it all comes back to providing a great client experience. Use social media marketing to lure prospects then impress them with the kind of exceptional service they heard about from their contacts.
Remember to ask every happy client to sign up for your eNewsletter and offer referral rewards. This creates a virtuous circle that will continue to build buzz and generate followers for your business with every new newsletter and great client experience you produce.
What are your best ideas and practices for successful social media marketing?