Let’s say, hypothetically, that you have competitors in your marketplace, and that the economy isn’t booming. Still, you’re a talented mobile entertainer and you want the success of your business to reflect this fact. How can you achieve this goal?
While there’s no magic pill to take, there are 5 traits of successful mobile DJs that you can work on emulating on a daily basis:
1. Performance Improvement: The top mobile DJs in our business are always striving to make their performances better. Whether it’s improving their personality on the mic or having better song transitions, they are always looking on ways to fine tune their performance into one that captures the crowd.
2. Play the Part: To be successful you must act as if you are. At first, acting like a successful person may feel as though you are an actor playing a part. Eventually, the “acting” will translate into “being.” Demonstrate an attitude of success in every area of your life, such as your manner of dress, the way in which you speak with people, and how you conduct yourself and your affairs.
3. Can-do Attitude: The most important thing you can do for your business is to provide your clients with exceptional service. This means being in tune with their needs and wants. Under promise and over deliver! Providing exceptional customer service is what sets apart successful mobile DJs from their competitors.
4. Practice Tongue-Fu: The top DJs are constantly involved in networking activities. This means not only networking with peers at DJ trade shows, but also networking with potential clients at local gatherings such as are offered through the Chamber of Commerce or Business Networking International.
5. Persistence and Dedication: Successful MDJs understand that there is no such thing as failure, only mistakes from which we can learn. They are persistent, dedicated risk-takers who have an unwavering belief in themselves and what they are doing. They aim high, learn quickly from their experiences, are action oriented, and love challenges.
How did the young maestro get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice!!! Mastering these 5 traits takes practice too so, take my sound advice and continue raising the bar on your own success!
Pictured Above: Adam Weitz, A Sharp Production – Winner of the 2010 “DJ of the Year” competition