Facebook Fan pages allow you to officially represent your DJ business on Facebook.
You get to give your “fans,” clients and potential clients a unified place to hold conversations about you, to get updates on what you’re doing, interact with you, and connect with other people who are “just like them” and love your products.
To get you inspired, SCE Event Group has over 23,000 “likes!”
Here are some quick steps for how to create your Facebook Fan page and increase your overall Facebook marketing tactics.
1. Set it up: First head to the Pages screen to get started creating yours.
2. Select your category/title: For most, you’ll want to click the Local option and select the appropriate category from the drop down menu. On the same screen, you’ll be prompted to give your page a title. This should be the name of your business, with keywords included when possible. These pages will rank in the search engines, so keywords are your friends.
3. Add a profile picture: These photos are quite larger than the profile pictures for personal pages, so use your company logo.
4. Add company information: In this step you’re going to add all your basic business information, the same you would if you were filling out a Google Local profile or business listing. Include your name, URLs, date the company was founded, an overview of what you do and your mission statement.
5. Build it out: Make your page stand out and unique by adding engaging content via your Tabs that that will attract users and keep them coming back to your page. That means adding videos, photo galleries, importing your blog, useful Facebook applications, incorporate coupons, etc.
6. Publish your page: Find the publish button and hit it.
7. Find Fans: Once you’re all set up, become a fan of the page yourself. Then, send it to your colleagues and friends and invite them to Fan the page, as well. Do a search on Facebook for what you do and look for people in your area or networks who list it as an interest.
8. Advertise the page: Once the page has been built and Fans have been found, get the page (and your company) more exposure by using Facebook’s ad program to drive more people to the page. Facebook has an incredibly powerful ad program that I would recommend all DJ business owners look into. Because of the personal nature of Facebook, users enter in all sorts of important buying information. They tell you how old they are, where they live, what they’re interested in, favorite bands, likes, dislikes, etc. The Facebook ad program allows you to target your ads based on ALL of this information. That means, for example, that if you specialize in weddings, you can set it so that your ads only appear for people between a certain age, who live within 120 miles of your office and who are currently listed on Facebook as being engaged. You can’t beat that kind of targeting.
Facebook Marketing Tactics
The best way to market on Facebook is to behave like you’re not marketing at all. Instead, be interactive, fun and helpful. When people get on your Facebook page they are looking for some kind of interaction. Don’t disappoint them. DJ companies that offer engaging information will add fans the most quickly. Here are some ways to market effectively:
1. Embed videos on your Facebook page. There is no reason you have to send people to YouTube to watch your videos.
2. Create a connection between Facebook and the outside world. If you have an upcoming bridal showcase, promote it on FB with updates and photos.
3. The Facebook logo is well known and using it is a great way to promote contests that encourage people to sign up on your fan page. Run contests. In order to enter, ask your fans to comment on a thread a pick one to three “lucky” winners who have the best comments.
4. Use Facebook to grow your email list, and visa versa. You can use your eNewsletter to boost awareness of your Facebook page, then promote the eNewsletter to your existing fans.
5. Introduce a new product such as a photobooth or uplighting. People who sign up to be fans on your Facebook page are your most loyal customers. Reward them by giving them the information about a new product before everyone else. If you do it right, they will help you promote it to others.
By using a Facebook’s Fan page and marketing it well, you’ll have a HUGE opportunity to drive people to your website, build brand recognition, and keep clients and prospects updated on valuable information and your latest offerings.