By Laura Cave – “The Knot Knows”
An online business listing on sites like TheKnot.com can be a great way to get qualified leads, but the number of leads you attract can vary widely depending on how you position yourself.
It’s important to measure your results regularly to determine your return on investment (ROI), and to keep modifying your approach until you get the response you’re looking for.
Here are a few of our best tips to get the most out of your investment:
1. Know your stats: You can’t know if your ad is working unless you measure the results. Start by checking your ad’s performance and your website’s traffic. Ask customers where they learned about you. Keep this information in a spreadsheet and update it monthly so you can track your progress over time.
2. Put your best foot forward: Choose photos that were shot by a professional within the last year or two. Highlight photos that create an emotional connection with the bride. A prospective client would much rather see a packed dance floor or a romantic first dance photo than a picture of your equipment.
3. Think of it like online dating: Don’t think of your ad as a billboard or a print ad. Think of it like a Linked In profile or an online dating profile. If you get new experience or a win an award, you add it to your profile. Not getting enough “dates”? Change your profile image and add a call to action to your copy to see if you get a better response. Be persistent until you find the formula that works for you.
4. Emphasize what makes you unique: Use your copy and images to communicate your specialties and competitive advantages. Give her a compelling reason to choose you over your competitors and always tell her how to take the next step toward working with you.
5. Let your clients speak for you: Nothing is more credible than a recommendation from a peer, so get credit for your work from your customers and post them as testimonials. On TheKnot.com you can pull in reviews from our reviews site, WeddingChannel.com. These reviews also contribute to your chances of winning our Best of Weddings award, so it’s a good idea to request reviews regularly.