by Ray Martinez
It is remarkable how a little baby cries because they are truly dependent on us to feed them, change them, hold them and love them. From infancy through young adulthood, they still have needs that need to be met, and are dependent on us as parents.
What Clients Need from Us
Clients come to us because they have needs and wants they want met. Some need to be coddled more than others, just like some babies need more attention than others.
As I have often said at seminars I have given across the country, we are in the business of entertaining people – but more importantly – we are also in the service industry, so it is our job to serve people. Once we realize the importance of this key element, it will make our businesses much more successful.
When you serve with a pure heart with no expectations whatsoever, I can guarantee the rewards you reap will far exceed anything you have ever imagined.
The Spirit of Kindness & Generosity
My wife is an example of someone who serves unselfishly in business and in life. Regardless of her responsibilities or salary, she has a great work ethic. In fact, she was nominated and recognized with the Chairman’s Award and a nice bonus. This is a special honor due to the size of her company, which has thousands of employees nationwide.
Personally, she has considerately served me as her husband and she has received the same consideration in return. As entertainers, I believe we should have the spirit of kindness and generosity as we serve our clients.
There may things that may not be in your contract such as serving champagne, bustling a bride’s dress, or playing an extra 15 minutes at the end of an event at no charge, but let me reiterate that you will get out of it what you put into it – and that’s what service is all about.
Trust me friends, that extra bit of effort will not go unrecognized. You may not see it right away but it will come back to you 100 fold. Just one client who notices and appreciates your outstanding service could end up referring several future clients to you. And that’s the payback for your generosity of spirit and action!
Ray Martinez – Unbridled Inspiration
Ray Martinez of Ray Mar Productions in Goodyear, AZ is the most highly accredited individual in the mobile DJ industry.
A 30+ year veteran, Ray’s many accomplishments include:
- 2006 American Disc Jockey Hall of Fame Inductee
- 2003 National Male Entertainer of the Year
- American Disc Jockey Awards; 2001 & 2002 ADJA Southern California Entertainer of the Year
- Author, “Performance Beyond Expectation,” “Music From My Heart”
- Vice President-Board of Directors of N.A.M.E. (National Association of Mobile Entertainers)
- Executive Director, CrossMix-Christian DJ Association
- Lifetime Member-American Disc Jockey Association
- Former National Director of the ADJA
- Former Vice President of the ADJA So. California Chapter
- Ambassador and Endorsed Artist for QSC Audio.