JBL’s EON powered speakers are among the best-selling and most reliable in the market because of their power, portability and, above all, rich sound reproduction for pre-recorded music. DJs are sure to appreciate the superb low-end response of the 15″ differential drive woofers, because the thump will pack the dance floor all night long. These loudspeakers are rugged too. For outdoor or extra-long gigs, they can take the heat without missing a beat.
Each EON15 G2 is a 400-watt powerhouse. Biamped to achieve clear separation of frequencies, the EON15 G2 feeds 300 watts to a 15″ Differential Drive low-frequency driver and 100 watts to its 90° x 60°, 1″ JBL compression driver. The woofer incorporates a neodymium magnet and dual voice-coil motors that can handle the power without creating extra weight for you to lug around. The horn utilizes ferrofluid cooling to prevent distortion at high volume levels. For event guests, this means smooth high-end reproduction that doesn’t grate on the ears or sound shrill. A built-in active crossover heightens the separation of highs from lows, ensuring that the mix your audience hears is crisp, clear, and defined. The EON10 G2 is ideal for cocktail hour with its 175W of biamped power (100W-LF driver, 75W-HF driver). All of its component features are the same as the EON15 G2.
Generation 2 EON speakers also offer more in the connectivity and mixing departments than their predecessors—a valuable enhancement if you’re bypassing the additional expense of a mixer. Each speaker has a balanced XLR input (selectable for mic/line levels) and two 1/4″ line-level inputs for your mixer. A loop/mix XLR output is also provided so you can link one EON. A master 2-band EQ and individual level controls for each input are provided on each speaker, allowing you to dial in your desired sound without a fuss.
As if all this power and these great features weren’t enough, JBL also made it easier on the backs of DJs by making the EON G2 speakers just as lightweight as the first generation models. A convenient molded handle on the rugged co-polymer enclosure makes them a cinch to carry, and naturally they are polemountable.
More is Better
Instead of being content with leading the powered speaker pack, JBL engineers have continued to innovate with the Generation 2 EON loudspeakers. A dramatic increase in power, a revamped input/mixing section, and spectacular full-range sound make the second generation EONs a high-performance sound solution.
- 15 in Differential Drive® low-frequency driver with dual neodymium magnet for light weight and reduced distortion.1 in (throat diameter)
- JBL compression driver with 1.75 in titanium diaphragm and ferro-fluid cooling.300 W low-frequency and 100 W high-frequency (bi-amplified) – actual power delivered to the drivers.
- Built in 3-input mixer. One balanced mic/line input, two .25 in phone line-level inputs. Two-band equalization.
- Balanced loop-through/mix output enables daisy-chaining of speakers.
- 60° x 90°(nominal) constant directivity horn.
- Thermomaster® Total Thermal Management System®. A single piece, cast-aluminum baffle integrates the woofer frame,horn, in MIC position) and amplifier heat sink. Air movement in the finned ports dissipates heat – no internal or external cooling fans are required.
- Rugged, light-weight, black co-polymer enclosure.
- Integral 35 mm pole mount receptacle.
- Tailored dynamic processing protects amplifiers and speakers from being over-driven without producing extreme changes in frequency response as level varies.
- Extended low-frequency performance delivers powerful bass down to 39 Hz.
- Power Rating: 400 W
- Frequency Range: 39 Hz – 18 kHz (-10 dB)
- Dimensions: (H x W x D): 27 in x 17 in x 17.5 in
- Frequency Response: 42 Hz – 17 kHz (±3 dB)
- Horz. Coverage: 90° Nominal (-6 dB)
- Vert. Coverage: 60º Nominal (-6 dB)
- Rated Maximum SPL: 129 dB, @ 1 m (3.3 ft.)
- Net Weight: 46 lb
MSRP – $869 per speaker
For more information visit jblpro.com