By Stacy Zemon
Repeat after me:
1. I will…set realistic goals. Goal setting is a valuable habit – if the goals lead to success rather than distress. Make a New Year’s resolution that the goals you set will be goals that are achievable, rather than unrealistic pipe dreams that are so far out of reach they only lead to frustration.
2. I will…make business planning a weekly event. Planning is vital if you want a healthy, growing business. Business planning lets you take stock of what worked and what didn’t work, and helps you set new directions or adjust old goals. Not only will this help you avoid costly mistakes and stay on track, but you’ll feel more focused and relaxed.
3. I will…promote my DJ business regularly and consistently. Too often the task of promotion slips to the bottom of the to-do list in the press of urgent tasks. If you want to attract new clients, you have to make it a priority.
4. I will…join a new business organization or networking group. There’s nothing like talking to other business people for sparking new ideas, refining old ones, and making contacts. Whether it’s a group specifically designed for networking or a DJ organization, making the effort to be a part of a group will revitalize you and your business.
5. I will…not use social media to sell my products. I will use social media to build relationships and give helpful advice to prospects and clients. Timely responses to questions can boost your status from “just” a DJ to a business expert.
6. I will…stop multitasking to the point of being unproductive. Let’s face it, your brain can only do one thing at a time and too much multitasking prevents you from being able to focus adequately on one task at a time. If you need more help then delegate to someone you can count on or hire an assistant.
7. I will…learn something new. What you choose to learn may be directly related to the DJ business or completely unrelated. For sure you’ll want to visit this website at least a few times a week to read the new articles and watch the videos. Learning new things will add to your skills and add a new dimension of interest to your life.
8. I will…give something back to my community. There are all kinds of worthy organizations that make a difference in your community. Make a New Year’s resolution to find a cause that matters to you, and donate your DJ services to them. Doing this will seed and grow goodwill for your mobile entertainment company.
9. I will…put time for myself on my calendar. It’s important to take the time to recharge and refresh yourself; a healthy work-life balance demands time out. All work and no play is a recipe for mental and physical disaster. So if you have trouble freeing up time to do the things you enjoy, write time regularly into your schedule to “meet with yourself” and stick to that commitment. If you won’t invest in yourself, who will?
10. I will…drop what’s not working for me and move on. This can apply to business services or products, as well as unproductive or unhealthy relationships. All products aren’t going to be super sellers, all new DJ trainees aren’t going to work out, and all sales techniques are not created equal. Don’t invest a lot of energy into trying to make the unworkable workable.
If you apply these New Year’s resolutions throughout the year, your chances of success will be greatly enhanced!