By Stacy Zemon, Publisher & Chief Scribe
First impressions count, so naturally when a potential client walks through the front door of your office, you want your décor and furnishings to be impressive. While lush accoutrements may not be in your budget, you can still offer the “Wow” factor at a reasonable cost.
Here are some ideas about how to make that happen:
1. Set the tone with your décor: When selecting decor for your office, keep your DJ service’s brand’s mission in mind. A prominent sign and large event photos on the walls should do the trick. If you are a DIY-er, you might want to create a small stage to showcase your sound and lighting gear.
2. Clear the clutter from small spaces: Organization and cleanliness are essential to not only a professional appearance but also to keeping your internal clients (your staff) calm and productive.
3. Make inspiring and inexpensive purchases: It’s not difficult to be both frugal and fashionable. How about using Native Union Pop Bluetooth phones? They beat a clunky landline all day long. You can find tons of DJ-related items for office use at Virtual DJ Mall. Also look to introduce some live plants into the space, such as succulents, which are inexpensive and require little to no maintenance.
4. Invest in one or two show pieces: Holding a client consultation at a really cool conference table or desk speaks volumes about how original and creative you are. With all of the money you’ll save on other items, a show piece
5. Play some mood music: As a DJ company, you can’t forget the value of tunes. Keep some music playing quietly in the background to boost your team’s morale, and get your prospects in the mood…to book you.
The Milk desk is a new design to match your Apple gear with it’s white surface and rounded edges. It lowers and raises electrically, it has ways to hide the cable clutter, and it also has four compartments at one end that can be configured for storage, trash or, yes, as an aquarium.
Chauvet Trusst offers aluminum trussing in a wide variety of sizes and configurations. With a little ingenuity and the right tools, you can even use truss as the legs for a table or desk. Add some LED lighting, and make it illuminated for an even more dramatic effect.
Community Color Finish Collection chairs come in in several bold colors. Any one of these bad-ass seat supporters are sure to keep you energized even on those all too common, extra long work days and nights. Personally, I like the red one best!
How About a Nightclub Style Client Area?
Remember, when you meet with potential clients in your office, you are part of the décor, so dress to impress!