To be fiscally successful, you must market and sell effectively. This primer will give you some tips to get started.
The Top 10 attributes of a highly effective marketing campaign:
- PROFITABILITY: It motivates people to buy what you’re offering, and makes more money than it costs.
- LONGEVITY: It maintains its selling power and appeal over long periods.
- UNIQUENESS: It stands out from your competitors by showcasing your company’s unique features and benefits.
- SUBSTANTIVE: It places substance ahead of style, emphasizing the benefits of your services without relying on gimmickry.
- CLIENT-FOCUSED: It connects with your prospects and focuses on their needs and interests, not yours. It engages them by talking to them, instead of about you.
- SOLUTION-ORIENTED: It clearly explains how your prospects problems or issues can be solved, or needs and desires fulfilled, using your DJ services.
- PERMISSION-BASED: It involves getting peoples’ consent to market to them, and emphasizes creating a relationship with them.
- TAILORED: It is specifically crafted for delivery based on the strengths of various media (Internet, Yellow Pages, bridal publications, etc.)
- CLEAR: It is clear, concise and easy to understand.
- CREATIVE: It shows distinctiveness and flare, but always with the goal of showcasing your services and getting people to book you.
Become a Master
To succeed and grow your disc jockey business, you must become a master marketer of mobile entertainment services. You must also view marketing as an investment, not an expense. Effective marketing needs to be organized, dynamic, integrated and consistent. A proper marketing strategy includes these components:
- Target market(s) identification and research
- Competition identification and research
- Budget estimates
- Marketing tools selection
- Marketing plan execution
A large part of the success in your marketing strategy can be attributed to the consistency of your message. So, repeat it over and over again. People need to know about your company before they can contact you. Therefore it is essential to get your message out repeatedly to gain sufficient exposure for them to do so.
Be consistent in your use of a company slogan, headline, etc. Timing is also important. You need to reach a target prospect when they are planning an event and have need of your services.
What are your tips for running a successful marketing campaign?