WEDDING ENTERTAINMENT AGREEMENT
This agreement, dated <<ContSent>> between ABC Entertainment, hereinafter referred to as “Company”, and «Ms» «ClientFirst» «ClientLast» and/or «Mr» «GroomFirst» «GroomLast» herein referred to as “Client” are both jointly and separately responsible for total contract execution. In consideration of the mutual covenants herein contained, and other good and valuable consideration, the Company and the Client hereto agree as follows:
- Company agrees to provide a Disc Jockey herein referred to as “DJ” on «Date», a «Day», for a event at «Loc», «LocAdd1», «LocCity», «LocST», «LocZIP» to begin at «Time» for up to «Hours» hours, which must conclude on or before «DoneBy». Company also agrees to provide Client with an Entertainment Coordinator to assist in the planning of the event.
- Client agrees to pay Company a total fee of «Tot», to be paid to in two or more payments.
- A contract signing payment of $300.00 in US currency in cash, valid check, money order or major credit card including VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover, and the signed contract, must be in Company’s possession on or before «ContDue». This payment is non refundable. Please make all checks payable to “ABC Entertainment.”
- If this Contract is not signed and returned, and the initial payment is not made on or before the contract signing due date, Company will not guarantee the availability of a DJ for event.
- Company must receive the balance of payments totaling «Bal» by any of the payment methods noted above in Item #3 of this contract on or before «PayBy». A fee of $35.00 is to be paid for returned bank checks.
- Payments are not transferable, not assignable, nor refundable except as explicitly described in this contract.
- Client satisfaction is guaranteed or the Client may request a partial or full refund of the final payment. The guarantee covers those actions and decisions that are under the Company’s and/or DJ’s direct control and supervision only. Client agrees to notify the Company of any dissatisfaction immediately. This guarantee expires seventy-two hours after the conclusion of the event.
- Should Client desire additional time beyond the contracted «Hours» hours then DJ, Client, and facility must unanimously agree to extra time extensions. Client agrees to pay DJ by valid check payable to “ABC Entertainment” in the amount of $150.00 for each half hour of extra time. Client further agree that extended time payments must be paid to the prior to beginning the extended time period.
- Client agree to complete “Event Planner” and “Song List” available to them online at Company’s website, http://www.ABCent.com, no less than two weeks prior to «Date».
- (a) Client and/or their agents are to ensure and to provide DJ with unencumbered, and non hazardous access into, and through the loading area, facility, and work space, at least 1 ½ hour prior to guests arrival at event and then immediately upon conclusion of event; one 115 volt 20 amp duplex grounded electrical outlet, free of other connected electrical devices located/positioned within 10 feet of DJ’s setup; an approx. 6-foot banquet-style table preferably centered in front of the dance floor in an area that provides ample space for DJ’s equipment including speakers (and lighting stand, truss, and/or screens if applicable). All Client/Agent provided extension cords must be 3-conductor 14-gauge wire, not to exceed 25 feet in length, and be safely secured and installed in advance of Company’s arrival.
(b) If the event is being held outdoors, the client is to additionally provide overhead shelter with protection from sun and rain for DJ, DJ’s equipment and recordings. The size of overhead shelter will be no less than 8’ x 8’ in diameter. If an approx. 6-foot banquet style table will not be provided, Client must notify DJ at least 48 hours prior to «Date».
(c) Company agrees that DJ will keep the set-up area under his/her direct control safe and will maintain a general liability insurance policy.
- Company and DJ will retain exclusive rights over the event production and presentation, including but not limited to, the details, means, and methods of services except as agreed upon by the Company’s and Client. Should the Client or their agents exercise partial or full control of Company’s music selections, equipment setup location, content, programming, timing, and/or system volume, the Company is indemnified and released from all implied or specific guarantees.
- A Company representative and/or DJ may take photographs and/or videotape at event. Client gives Company the right to print, publish, and use these freely for marketing purposes. (Client: If permission is not granted, initial here________)
- DJ’s performance is for the personal enjoyment of Client. Unauthorized commercial use of any photographs, videos, and/or recordings of the DJ’s performance without the expressed written consent of the Company is prohibited.
- Client and/or their agents agrees that they hold all necessary authorizations, fees, licenses and/or permits as may be required or mandated by the facility, local, state, and/or federal codes or law.
- Client is responsible and liable for the results and costs of, any/all injury or damage by them, their guests and/or agents, to the DJ’s person, equipment, vehicles, and peripherals. Connection of Client, guest, vendor, or facility provided internal or external input or output devices into or out of the DJ’s equipment is strictly prohibited.
- Should DJ become seriously ill or injured, suffer catastrophic equipment loss, death of a loved one or other extraordinary unforeseen acts of God, nature and/or fate, the Company agrees to take prudent action, circumstances permitting, to provide the Client with an alternative DJ, services, or a full refund of all payments.
- If Client has to terminate Company’s services, the Client agree to the following conditions: (1) more than 90-days but less than 120-days prior to «Date», 75% of the total fee «Tot» will be refunded, (2) more than 60-days but less than 90-days prior to «Date», 50% of the total fee will be refunded, (3) more than 30-days but less than 60-days prior to «Date», 25% of the total fee will be refunded, (4) more than 1-day but less than 30-days prior to «Date», no refund will be issued.
- If Client has to terminate Company’s services due to extreme inclement weather on «Date», Company must be given a minimum of 24 hours advance notice and concur with the termination. In this circumstance, Company will apply a total fee of «Tot» toward a future event date if Company and Client sign a new contract within thirty days of Client terminating Company’s services. Any new date requested by Client is subject to DJ’s availability.
- The maximum contract liability of the Company or Client will be no greater than «Tot» as specified in Item #2 of this contract. If any portion of this contract is held to be invalid, it will not invalidate the validity or enforceability of all remaining contract provisions.
- The Client agrees that any and all modifications to any portion of this contract by the Client must be submitted in writing, be approved in writing, and must be signed by the Company or the modifications are invalid and nonbinding.
- Client agrees to indemnify and hold Company and DJ harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, damages and expenses arising from the actions of Client, its agents, representatives, contractors and guests whether invited or uninvited. Should any contractual dispute not be mutually resolved, Company and Client agree to litigate the matter subject to the laws of the State of New Jersey, which govern this contract. The Client agrees that the venue for settling a dispute will be in a court located in Camden County, New Jersey. The losing party agrees to pay all court and legal fees associated with the enforcement of this contract. The Client and Company will indemnify, defend, and hold the other harmless from any and all other claims, demands, losses, suits, proceedings, penalties, expenses, or other liabilities, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of or resulting from the performance of this agreement except as contained herein.
- This contract contains all the agreements by the parties hereto. There are no promises, agreements, terms, or conditions other than those contained herein. This agreement will apply to and bind all parties, and may not be assigned or transferred by either party.
AGREED TO AND ACCEPTED BY:
«Ms» «ClientFirst» «ClientLast» (Client)
«Mr» «GroomFirst» «GroomLast» (Client)
John Doe, Owner, on behalf of ABC Entertainment
Disclaimer: This sample Wedding Entertainment Agreement is not intended as legal advice. It is recommended that you seek professional legal counsel in your State to review and approve all contracts.