Critics have already been quick to dismiss the new Traktor Kontrol S4 as NI’s answer to Serato’s ITCH, which is true enough; but not the whole truth.
The Kontrol S4 is a 4-channel controller, designed to professional specs; but that’s where the similarities end. Unlike other controllers, the S4 comes with dedicated software that includes the full feature-set of Traktor Pro, making for air-tight integration that brings the S4 more in line with something like the Pioneer CDJ. The S4 also offers a built-in sound card, based on NI’s most excellent Audio 4DJ, placing it another notch above its MIDI-only brethren.
The big deal here is the easy access the S4 provides to its groundbreaking sample deck and loop recorder, which clearly takes performance DJing to an entirely new level.
Seeing is Believing
- Highly integrated 4-deck TRAKTOR controller and flagship software, all built by the same team
- Plug & play – all you need to start mixing is your computer and MP3s
- Hardware: 4-channel mixer with ergonomic layout, 2 high-res touch-sensitive jog wheels
- Built-in high-end 24-bit/96kHz low-latency audio interface with Cirrus Logic® AD/DA converters and MIDI I/O\
- 2 analog inputs with phono and mic preamps for hooking up turntables, CD players or external audio gear; RCA mic in, balanced 1/4″ TRS and unbalanced RCA master out
- Software: TRAKTOR PRO S4 – pro features, supreme usability; features 4-deck mixing and effects, plus all-new Sample Decks and a powerful Loop Recorder
- Industry-leading TRAKTOR engine ensures perfect sync and tight mixing – timecode control option coming soon!
- 2 customizable FX sections with over 25 performance effects for adding your own trademark sound
- Powerful MP3 management with iTunes® integration and iPod® compatibility Intuitive design, ready-made sample content and tutorial videos make it easy for new users to get started
The game-changing Traktor Kontrol S4 is coming November 1st. Priced at or around $999.00. Additional information on the TRAKTOR KONTROL S4, click here.