By Stacy Zemon, Publisher & Chief Scribe
Is your DJ service running a special offer to attract clients? If you want your promotion to be a success, you need to get your offer in front of prospects who are interested in it. What’s the best way to get in front of the right type of people? Having your offer shared organically. These six tips can help.
Promote via email: Before you do anything else, make sure to promote your offer to your existing contact list. These are the people who have already booked your services—so they’re likely to have interest. Encourage your contacts to tell friends about it and forward the email.
1. Share it on social networks: A simple Tweet or Facebook post can go a long way. If you’re on Pinterest, don’t forget to pin the image associated with the offer and link it to the offer page.
2. Give others an incentive to share: Offer something like $50 off or free basic lighting off to anyone who does share the offer.
3. Use QR codes to bring the offline, online: Use a website like Kaywa QR Code Generator to make the web address of your offer into a QR code. Then print that out and put it on posters, menus, and cash registers. This gives those in-person, real world touch points a way to connect back online to your offer.
4. Make the incentives known: If you’re having trouble getting people to share the offer with their social networks, you may want to send an email or mention it explicitly in the offer itself. Seeing how the average person has more than 100 Facebook friends, just one share can go a long way.
5. Keep the time/quantity of the offer limited: Since you do have control over all the terms of the offer, you can set up an offer that is sure to attract a lot of attention, but won’t be too much for you to fulfill.
6. Don’t be afraid to experiment: Most importantly, use all of the tools at your disposal and try out some creative uses. You could also incentivize clients to share by rewarding them with something really big – but only if their friends specifically “Like” your Facebook Page and say their friend sent them there.